Benefits of Ashwagandha
Ashwagandha is a traditional medicinal herb with multiple health benefits nowadays.
It can reduce anxiety and stress, help fight depression, boost fertility and testosterone in men, and may even boost brain function.
Supplementing with ashwagandha may be an easy and effective way to improve your health and quality of life.
The most common benefits of ashwagandha are as follows:-
1) Ancient Medicinal Herb
Ashwagandha is a powerful herb which is used in ayurvedic medicines nowadays in many countries.
2) Lower the Blood Sugar level in the blood
This herb is used in lowering the blood sugar level of the blood, which is very beneficial for the diabetes patients.
3) Anti – Cancer Properties
It is found that his herb consists of some properties inside it, which is beneficial for the cure of cancer-related diseases.
4) Reduce Cortisol Levels in the Blood
This herb is very beneficial in removing the stress level from the blood, which helps in the proper functioning of other hormones inside the body.
5) Boost Testosterone Levels
This herb increases the male sex hormone in the blood which is known as testosterone, which also helps in increasing the fertility power of the males.
6) Helps to Increase Muscle Mass & Strength
This herb is beneficial to increase the lean body mass of the body which eventually increase the power of the body.
Especially for the regular workout people, this is beneficial as a workout supplement too.
7) Reduce Inflammation
This herb has anti-inflammatory properties which help in reducing the inflammation from the body.
8) Lower the Bad Cholesterol from the Blood
Ashwagandha may help reduce the risk of heart disease by decreasing cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
It reduces the bad cholesterol i.e LDL (Low-Density Lipoprotein) from the blood.
9) Improves the Brain Functioning
Ashwagandha supplements may improve brain function, memory, reaction times and the ability to perform tasks.
It increases the sharpness of the memory if anyone is using it daily.
10) Balance the Hormone levels of the Body
This herb is very important to balance the other hormones of the body, by making their proper functioning possible, this normally increases the performance of other hormones in the body.
Ashwagandha is not for Everyone (Warning)
Always keep in mind some precautions before going to ashwagandha, as mentioned below:-
1) Certain individuals should not take it, including pregnant and breastfeeding women.
2) People with autoimmune diseases should also avoid ashwagandha unless authorized by a doctor.
3) This includes people with conditions like rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, Hashimoto’s thyroiditis and type 1 diabetes.
4) Additionally, those on medication for thyroid disease should be careful when taking ashwagandha, as it may potentially increase thyroid hormone levels in some people.
Recommend Dosage of Ashwagandha
Dosage Range: Ashwagandha dosages in studies typically ranged from 500–1000 mg daily.
If you want to supplement with ashwagandha, look for root extract or powder in 450–500 mg capsules and take it once or twice per day.
The recommended dosage is 450–500 mg once or twice per day.
Best time to take is in the night with a glass of milk, at least 1 hour before going to bed.
Ashwagandha is one of the best Indian herb presents on the market today.