Types of Intermittent Fasting Diet Plan for a Quick Fat Loss
My 16:8 Intermittent Fasting Experience
I used to do fasting, during the first 10 months of 2016.
I remember the day when I first started my intermittent fasting, after reading one of the books of Caleb Lee.
It was a one of the most Difficult, Exciting & Learning Experience for me, because I was very much Determined to loose my belly fat, that I wanted to take it as a lifestyle.
The Journey was not so easy, this is my Daily Intermittent Fasting Schedule, which is as follows:-
11:30 am – I get up from my bed & drink a gallon of water.
11:45 am – Start doing H I I T workout, for 15 to 20 min non-stop.
12:15 pm – Drink Green Tea, to cut more fat from the body.
14:30 pm – Lunch time, where I eat a moderate amount of food ( First Meal Of The Day ).
18:30 pm – Again Green Tea.
22:30 pm – My Big Large Satisfying Dinner ( Biggest Meal Of The Day).
FED STATE VS FASTED STATE
- Insulin High in Fed state & Insulin low in Fasted State.
- Glucose High in Fed State & Glucose Low in Fasted State.
- Burning glucose in Fed state & Liberating Fat in Fasted state.
- Storing Fat in Fed state & Burning Fat in Fasted State.
Let’s learn about the pattern, which I followed each day.
As you can see there is a gap of 16 hours fasting period, between my Last Dinner & First Lunch.
There is an 8 hours Feeding window, between my Lunch & a Dinner.
I followed 16:8 Intermittent fasting plan, which suited me the best.
There are many types of Intermittent Fasting Plans, which anybody can try according to their convenience.
You can analyze my meal plan & say that it is the toughest meal plan, but I must say it just depends on your habits & I will become easy gradually as soon as you try.
My first week was very challenging as I used to feel very Low in my energy levels.
Especially when I completed my High-intensity workout & go for a green tea.
Because it was a time when my insulin level is so down after the workout, that my body is in the High Catabolic state, then also I go for the green tea which will cut my fat even more.
After that, I used to wait desperately for my lunch, which gives me a great satisfaction, after 16 hours of the fasting period.
After that, after 8 hours I go for my dinner, which is the biggest meal of my day.
My ratio of Carbohydrates, Protein & fats is 3: 2: 1.
Intermittent Fasting Meal Plan
Finally, I want to say that it changed my life completely because I began started to eat quality foods, during this process like: –
- Complex Carbohydrates like brown rice, sweet potato, oatmeal, etc.
- Lots of Vegetables like tomato, onion, cucumber, etc.
- Almonds, cashews & walnuts with each of my meal.
- Whole Milk.
- Chapati & lentils.
- Fruits like apple, banana, grapes, etc.
Actually, this is just a sample, of what I used to eat, during my intermittent fasting days, but you can able to modify it anytime you want.
Just remember one thing, that complex carb should be maximum, in your diet, if you really want to cut harmful fats from your body.
Complex Carbohydrates should cover maximum amount to your diet plan because they are slow releasing carbs, which don’t spike the insulin level much & give long lasting energy.
Types Of Intermittent Fasting Diet Plan
As you have seen, I have followed 16: 8 intermittent fasting diet plan, but there are also other fasting diet plans, which you can follow: –
1 ) 16: 8 Fasting Or Lean Gains
In this plan, we eat for 8 hours window & remain fasted, for another 16 hours window, which helps us to eat a large quantity of food, at night & then also we don’t feel bloated when we wake up in the morning.
Our over all calorie intake of a day, also goes very high, after just skipping a break fast.
This plan is also followed by one of the popular actor, whose name is Hugh Jackman.
2 ) Warrior Diet or Alternate Day Fasting
This is one of the toughest IF diets, with a 20:4-hour split.
In this, we remain fasted for 20 hours &, have only 4 hours of feeding window.
This type of diet allows very large & satisfying meals, at the end of the day.
In this plan, we skip, breakfast & lunch.
This is a very advanced form of fasting & it is not recommended for the beginners.
3 ) Eat Stop Eat
In this diet plan, involves fasting for the entire 24 hours, for just a 2 days in a week, it can be according to your choice.
Some people think it is a stupidity, but the fact is after fasting for the entire day, if any one will start eating double or triple amount, of its daily calories, then also he or she will not get fat.
The fact is that eat as much, as you want the another day, then also a number of calories will be less, as compared to the normal eating of 2 days, which will create a calorie deficit & the person will not get fat.
4 ) 5: 2 Fasting
In this plan, a person eats 5 days normally, then the other 2 days the calorie deficit happens.
Reduction of calorie intake, for men, is 600 calories & for women is 500 calories.
It is the best fasting method for the beginners, next stage will be 16:8, then warrior diet & then eat stop eat.
This is the pattern of fasting, anyone can start from 5: 2 & can advance, to where ever he or she wants.
INTERMITTENT FASTING BENEFITS
- Improves Metabolism
- Increase Concentration
- Increase Insulin Sensitivity
- Fat Burning
- Metabolic Exercise
- Increase Growth Hormone
- Improves Hunger
- Improves Brain Function
- Improves Immune System
- Fights Cancer Cells
- Improves Digestive System
- Improves Fatty Liver
- Reduces Inflammation
- Normalize Blood Pressure
- Improves Allergies
INTERMITTENT FASTING DISADVANTAGES
- Decrease Level of Energy Levels
- Obsession of Food during Fasting Period
- Over dependency on coffee
- Harmful During Pregnancy
- Metabolic Disturbance
- Menstrual Irregularities
- Caring too much about Body Shape
SHOULD WE GO FOR INTERMITTENT FASTING PLAN FOR WEIGHT LOSS?
I have explained in detail about my IF experience, with its pros & cons & the types, so that anyone can be able to start his or her fasting journey if they want.
Now here comes the most important part, the precautions through which you must go through before, starting for any type of fasting: –
- Consult your doctor, before going for any type of fasting, especially if you are a diabetic & on medications.
- Anyone can have vitamins or supplements while fasting, as long as they don’t have any calories, but actually, you don’t need any supplements when you are eating nutrition dense foods.
- Don’t worry about losing muscle during from lack of protein, during the fasting stage, as long as anyone is eating an adequate amount of protein during their meals.
- No one will ever lose muscle during the fasting, as long as they are exercising regularly & doing especially, resistance training such as lifting weights.
- Following an LCHF pair diet pairs nicely with IF, will improve fat adaption to a great deal.
- Anyone can exercise while fasting, either cardio or lifting weights, but I recommend to do cardio or H I I T during that time.
- Drink Plenty of water & not caloric beverages during fasting, coffee & tea in the morning makes fasting more exciting.
- Don’t use intermittent fasting as an excuse, to eat a lot of tons of junk foods, because it will not help you to lose fat, on the other hand, it will make things worse than before.
Always remember, focus on Quality of food, not Quantity.
Hope this information will help you, to achieve your Fat Loss Goals!
Check out this link for more information: