Introduction About Different Body Types
Body type is a basic structure of one’s body, which decided the foundation of that person body.
Body types differ on many factors like fat, muscles, bone density & size & genetics.
The point is always studied about your body types before achieving your goals, which would help you to reach your goal in a smarter way, as compared to working on the same strategy as everybody else, without even knowing about their & your body type.
The type of muscle building or fat loss program, which other person is doing must be best for his or her body type, but it is not necessary that it will suit your requirement as well.
Therefore, here I will discuss basic body types of human body.
3 FORMS OF BODY TYPES OF HUMAN BODY
There are 3 different kinds of body types:-
- Ectomorphs or Hard Gainers
- Mesomorphs or Lean Muscular type
- Endomorph or Fatty or obese type
Everyone has different genetics from others, so the workouts, diet plan & features of all of the 3 body types will differ from each other in many ways.
People nowadays don’t even know about their body type, that’s why they become disappointed when they are not able to find the expected results from their body, which other person achieved easily.
Let us discuss them one by one, with their features, nutrition plan & Best Workout program for them.
ECTOMORPH OR HARD GAINERS
These are the kind of people, who always find it difficult to put on weight every time.
They are blessed with a very fast metabolism, so they don’t even care about the junk or fast foods because their body has an ability to absorb each & every food very easily.
Ectomorphs can easily be identified anywhere in the day to day life, especially inside the gym.
They are always under weight as compared to their respective height.
FEATURES OF ECTOMORPH BODY TYPE
- Typically Skinny: They are very thin & weak in appearance.
- Small Frame: Their wrist & ankle size is too small, which is a clear indicator of their small bone structure.
- Lean Muscle Mass: They have very lean muscles, as they are hard gainer so they don’t put on muscle mass very easily.
- Low Fat Percentage: They don’t even gain fat mass very easily, because of their fast metabolism, which is a bliss for them, because they eat everything.
- Fast Metabolism: Their metabolism is so fast, that they burn each & every food which go inside them so they don’t even get to know that they have eaten something or not.
- Flat Chest & Small Buttocks: Due to less muscular mass & low-fat percentage, their chest size & buttock appears to be small.
- Low Appetite: They have a low desire to consume more foods, due to their basic body type & nature, they become full very easily during small meals.
- Very Active: Due to their body structure & low weight, they can move very easily as compared to other body types.
- Hard to Gain Muscle: They have a difficulty in gaining muscles, because of their low-calorie consumption & fast mechanism, which doesn’t really allow themselves to gain muscles.
ECTOMORPH WORKOUT PROGRAM
- Short Period of time: Their workout program should be between 45 min to 1-hour maximum.
- High Intensity of Weights: Weights should be around 75 to 85 % of their 1 rep max, that is close to their maximum capacity to hold on weights.
- Repetition Range: Their repetition range should be between 5-6.
- Rest Period: Rest period between the sets should be around 2 to 3 minutes.
- Focus on Fast Twitch Muscle Fibres: They focus on the fast twitch muscle fibers to build over all strength & power into their muscles, but not focus so much on size & shape.
- Focus on Bigger Muscle Groups: They should always focus on their bigger muscle groups like chest, back, legs, shoulders.
- Do Compound Exercises: Hard gainers must forget about typical bodybuilding routine, that is isolation exercises which are best for mesomorphs & endomorphs only, because they are already big in size, so all they need to do, is just to provide proper shape to their muscles.
- Avoid Cardio: Ectomorphs should avoid any type of cardio.
ECTOMORPH DIET PLAN
- Do Dirty Bulking for first few months: Focus on dirty bulking, that is eating your favorite foods, which you can eat as much as you want, without even feeling boring about it.
- Eat small meals every 2 to 3 hours: Try to eat smaller meals at every 2 to 3 hours, which will automatically shift the body into calorie surplus, rather than starving your body for the larger meals, that will create a calorie deficit.
- Carbohydrates Limit: They should consume 50 to 60 % carbohydrates from their diet plan.
- Calorie Surplus Diet Plan: Consume 500 or 250 more than your maintenance calories, for example, if the total calories our 3000, then increase it to 3250 or 3500 calories per day.
- Don’t Count your calories: Never try to count your calories like others, just remember you are a special power to eat anything you want, without considering about your belly or arm or body fat.
- Do bulk first & then cutting: Focus only on gaining weight during few months & when you pass your target weight, then think about macros that are, carbohydrates, proteins & fats, with a ratio of 2:1:1, then make a diet plan, to remove the extra calories.
- Focus on quantity first & then on quality: As I said during the initial stages of your diet, focus on the quantity of food, but after achieving a required amount of weight you can then choose the quality of foods during the cutting phase.
MESOMORPH OR MUSCULAR BODY TYPE
Mesomorphs comes between ectomorphs & endomorphs, that is the mixture of both.
This feature makes them very attractive among their friends, especially girls.
They easily gain muscles, with a minimum amount of fat storage.
Lean muscle mass is the center of attraction for the mesomorphs.
These are the most blessed one, who have genetically good physique & don’t need the much work to be done, on their diet or workout.
FEATURES OF MESOMORPH BODY TYPE
- Athletic & Muscular Shape: They have good athletic & muscular shape.
- Hard Body & Defined Muscles: Their muscles are clearly visible, with a proper set of defined muscles.
- Naturally Strong: Due to their genetics they are naturally strong.
- Gains Muscle Easily: Again they don’t have any problem, in putting up muscle mass, whenever they want.
- Gains Fat easier than Ectomorphs: As compare to ectomorphs, their metabolism is slow, which makes them a little bit choosy about their foods.
MESOMORPH WORKOUT PROGRAM
- Moderate Time Duration: They can perform both cardio & weight training simultaneously, on the same workout between 1 to 1 hour 30 minutes easily.
- Low to Moderate Intensity of Weights: They follow a bodybuilding approach, by working on low to moderate intensity of weights with time under tension, their main focus is on muscle growth.
- Works on Slow & Fast Twitch Muscle Fibres: They lift weights up to 75 t0 85 % of their 1 rep max, which targets both of theirs slow & fast twitch muscle fibers, which helps them to grow muscles & strength too, but their main focus is on building muscles.
- Responds Best to Weight Training: Due to their good genetics, their body responds best to the weight training sessions.
- Focus on Isolation Movements: They focus on isolation exercises, because they body foundation is naturally strong, so they focus on the shape of their muscles.
- Repetition Range: They focus on 8-12 repetitions for each exercise.
- Rest Period: Rest between the sets should be between 60 to 90 seconds.
- Works on smaller muscle groups: Their main target is to smaller muscle groups because they focus on building size & shape of their muscles more as compared to strength.
MESOMORPH DIET PLAN
- Watch Calorie Intake: As their metabolism is not as fast as ectomorphs, therefore they always watch out their calories.
- Carbohydrates Limit: It should be between 40-60 % of their complete diet plan.
- Calorie Maintainance Diet plan: They must always try to maintain their daily calorie intake for maintaining their muscle mass, until or unless they are not planning on bulking or cutting in near future.
- Focus on quality foods with proper macros: They should always focus on quality foods which come under macros like carbohydrates, proteins & fats, in a ratio of 2:1:1.
ENDOMORPHS OR FATTY PEOPLE
These are the just opposite of ectomorphs.
They have a very large frame, with a lot of strength in their joints.
Fat is accumulated very easily in these type of people, with a very little muscle definition.
They find it very difficult to lose body fat, after following many diet plans.
FEATURES OF ENDOMORPH BODYTYPE
- Soft & Round Body: Their body type is the bulky and soft type.
- Gains Muscle Easily: Due to their slow metabolism, they don’t have any problem in gaining muscle mass.
- Gains Fat Very Easily: Similarly, they gain fat very easily, due to slow metabolism.
- Finds Hard to Lose Fat: It’s very difficult for them to lose fat, due to their body type and genetics.
- Slow Metabolism: There metabolism is super slow among all the 3 body types.
- Huge Appetite: They have a large appetite, they just can’t ignore foods for a long period of time.
- Adipose Tissue: They have a large quantity of adipose tissue in their body parts, which makes very difficult for them to see a proper definition in their muscles.
- Easily Fatigued: Due to their large fat accumulation, their muscles become very easily fatigued.
- Larger Frame Size: They have a genetically blessed larger frame size, with a lot of strength in them because the size of their joints, especially wrist size & ankle are huge.
ENDOMORPH WORKOUT PROGRAM
- Always do Cardio & Weight Training: These are essential for them especially cardio, for speeding up their metabolism to lose weight quickly with the weight training in a single workout.
They can go for H I I T too, which will give better results as compared to cardio.
- Low Weights only: They should focus on the repetitions, rather than the amount of weight, so their weight should be very low so that they can be able to make as many reps as they can.
- Repetition range: Their repetition range should be at least above 15 up to 50 or may be 100, to speed up their metabolism.
- Rest period: Their rest period should not be greater than 30 seconds between each set.
- Focus on Slow Twitch Muscle Fibres: They should always focus on slow twitch muscle fibers, which includes walking, swimming, bicycling, etc.
- Focus on Cutting then on Bulking: They should always focus on cutting first for few months, until or unless they don’t reach the fat percentage below 15 at least, then they should go for bulking the lean muscle mass.
ENDOMORPH DIET PLAN
- Consume Vegetables: Eat as many vegetables as you can.
- Drink lots of water: Drink as much water as you can.
- Carbohydrates limit: Eat only 30 to 40 % of the total diet plan.
- Ignore Fast or junk foods: Eliminate all the foods from outside.
- Follow Intermittent Fasting or keto diet approach: These are the 2 diet plans, which are best for losing fat very fast.
- Calorie Deficit diet plan: Consume 500 or 250 less than your maintenance calories, for example, if the total calories our 5000, then decrease it to 4750 or 4500 calories per day.
- Protein must be high in quantity: Macros of endomorphs on the basis of carbohydrates, protein & fats are will be, 1:2:2.
Therefore, let’s come to the final point behind this blog post.
It’s one of the important information, which everyone must have regarding their body structure.
If you have this knowledge then, you can achieve any type of physique you want.
Whether it is muscle gain or fat loss.
Always figure out your body type & work accordingly.
Never try to copy any other’s workout, because a person is a bodybuilder or an actor.
Your body type must be completely different from others, so may be if your friend has a great physique & you have not then, you must apply the rules related to your body type to reach that goal, or else you will be disappointed.
As I mentioned above, the greatest struggle is for Ectomorphs & Endomorphs, not for Mesomorphs.
The truth is that anyone can be able to change their body type if they are Passionate about it.
I am also an Ectomorph, but because of my hard work, 50 % of my body is now changed to Mesomorph.
It’s now time for you, to a change,
Let’s do it!
Check this link to know more about body types,